Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday Made It

Good morning!!
I'm so thrilled to link up with Tara at 4th grade Frolics for my 1st Monday Made It! I'm pretty addicted to crafts so the fact that I can now document them is AMAZING!



So here goes!



I've really wanted to make a large magnetic board to put in the playroom and my classroom. So off to walmart I went. I picked up 2 huge oil drip pans from the car department. They were only $12 each! Then I snatched up some cute duct tape, command strips and tissue paper. 


The duct tape is to cover the words on the top.





This was actually the hardest part of the project and it wasn't even that bad! My favorite kind of projects are the easy ones!!! The reason this was hard was because I bought a patterned ducktape and I had to line up the patterns.



Next I made tissue pom-poms, except I only fluffed them up in one direction. They are more like tissue flowers!

After I made a green one I decided I wanted to add more colors. Then it was time to glue them on.



I just put a huge glob of hot glue on the bottom of each flower.



I bundled them up in the corner and then got to work doodling!





And now the finished project....




Stay tuned for a new post on how I plan to use this in my classroom!




24 comments:

  1. Super cute! I am inspired...and have my brain going on the magnet board. Hmmmmmmm....Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to inspire you :) can't wait to check it out!! I'm your newest follower!

      Delete
  2. I really like the Duck Tape you chose! Did you know they are coming out with white board duck tape! Can you imagine all that we could do with that! Congrats!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen,
      I had no idea they were coming out with that!!! The possibilities are endless!!

      Kristen

      Delete
  3. So cute! Can't wait to see how you plan to use it in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I hope it can help you in your classroom!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the motivation...I plan on making one for lunch count. I like the duct tape idea and flowers...I usually get packaged, curled ribbon, but I like the idea that the flowers will match my classroom colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the ribbon idea :) thanks for sharing! Good luck on the lunch count maybe you can use a cookie sheet!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, LOVE this! My mind just went a little crazy thinking of some great ideas. Thank goodness for summer, when our crafty brains can get refueled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So happy to help get those wheels turning! Have fun!!!

      Delete
  6. Love this! It turned out great! Can't wait to see how you're using it. I'm your newest follower!

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks so much! I feel like such a newbie...well I guess I am! Lol. I followed you too!

      Kristen

      Delete
  7. Oh wow...how super cute is your magnetic board! I'm definitely digging that. The easier, the better for me! Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm happy you like it! It was WAY easy!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE the board!!!!!!! SUPER CUTE idea!!!!!!!! I would have never thought to use tissue poms like that either...that gave me an idea!!! :)
    Lori :)
    Mixing it up in Middle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those exclamations and capital letters made me SMILE!!!!!!! I'm so glad it sparked an idea :)

      Delete
  9. This is too cute! I have a 1st grade teacher who would love this. Might have to make her one.
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! How lucky is she to have a friend like you?!?! I say go for it!

      Delete
  10. I've always wanted a big oil pan like that! I didn't realize it was only $12! LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!
    Kelly
    MyFabulousClass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheaper the project---the more I like it! Go get one!!

      Delete
  11. Love how this turned out, can't wait to see how you use it!

    Linda
    Down the Learning ROad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get it put together by this Monday but we shall see!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm going to keep the theme for all my bulletin boards too!

      Delete