Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bright Tip Tuesday #4 & #5

Well apparently I forgot my Bright Tip last week....oops! I hope you will forgive me! I'm going to share 2 tips on this post as a way to make it up to you guys!


The first tip is all about STUDENT organization. In my class I have a few puzzles to use with my students for developmental centers and even as a reward. Sometimes my students would play with several puzzles at a time and when cleaning time arrived...well let's just say it was "puzzling"! All the pieces were mixed together. I decided to label my puzzles with a shape and put the matching shape on the back of each puzzle piece. WOW! This made quite the difference and it even got a little extra sorting practice in!!! The best part of this tip is it can be used for ANYTHING! I use it on my reading and math game pieces as well. Here is an example:


The next tip is all about TEACHER organization. I don't know about you but I use a lot of anchor charts and some of them are laminated so I can re-use them each year. Sometimes I even make a chart with my students and tell them I had to publish it overnight...then I bring out the pretty one. Clearly this is not every chart though. Kid made charts are a must!! 

Anyways onto the tip...all you need is a toilet paper roll! I roll the charts up and slide them into the toilet paper roll. It keeps them perfectly rolled and organized!! I then label the roll with the name of the chart. If we want to get super organized you can even color code your subjects!


Then you can throw them in a tall plastic laundry or trash bucket. Viola! Organized anchor charts!! Decorating my bucket is on my Monday Made It list this summer so stay tuned!!

Chat with you soon friends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment