Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Made-It (August 18th 2014)

Well let's start with I'M EXHAUSTED! I haven't been in the classroom since February (Maternity Leave) and man have I forgotten the never ending to-do list that we teachers have. Not to mention my now family of 4, new blogging adventure and TPT products! I literally have no time to even breathe! 

But it's all good because I secretly love everything about it...except the middle of the night wake-ups! Those are definitely not loved!

I can't believe I haven't blogged in almost 2 weeks. I'm sorry. Don't worry though because this post will MORE than make up for it!!

I'm linking up for my last Monday Made-It of the summer! A HUGE thank you goes out to Tara at 4th grade frolics for keeping me accountable all summer! Haha!


I must first admit that this idea is not mine. I learned this from my new Kindergarten team and asked them if I could share it. They agreed and I snapped a few pictures to share with all of you!

I don't know about you but every year I spend a good chunk of time repairing broken lunch tags. Our Kindergartners are required to enter their lunch numbers into the cafeteria in order to purchase lunch. I've always made laminated tags and attached them to a lanyard and it never fails that after only one day I have a few that need to be "reinforced" or even replaced. 

Not anymore! Solo cups. Seriously my team uses solo cups to make name tags. AMAZING!

Step 1: Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet along with 4 solo cups.


Step 2: Set the oven to 250 degrees. Place them inside the oven for 3-5 minutes. You will want to keep an eye on them!


Step 3: Transfer them onto foil. Sometimes they want come out flat and you will need to flatten them with a spatula. They harden up QUICK so be fast!


Step 4: Drill a hole in the the top and attach a lanyard!

Such a cheap and easy way to make cute colorful tags! I hope this helps all of you!! Now it's time for me to go to bed...BIG DAY tomorrow! 1st day for 16 adorable Kindergartners!!! Stay tuned for a post about my Meet the Teacher with my packet I made below!


Happy Teaching!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I bet the kids will love them. I hope you and the baby will be sleeping through the night soon!

    Kim
    Quinnessential Lessons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! We are still working on the sleeping! Haha!!

      Delete
  2. I would have never though of doing this - I don't even need name tags but I just want to melt solo cups!

    For Monday Made It, I made a calendar for 2014-2015 to help stay organized. You can see it here.

    Cheers,
    Mrs. Harris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I completely understand! It's a pretty cool project :)

      Delete